Today is day 36 of my love challenge and I feel divided. I lost my closest, dearest friend last Tuesday; I was at her side when she passed.
It took us both by surprise; I will never forget the look on her face when she took her last breath. I will never know if it was a blessing or not, but she died not knowing that she was sick from cancer. She was admitted into the hospital for lower back pain combined with an allergic reaction to pain medication that caused her to have shortness of breath.
The next morning I was so angry, I felt hopeless, how could this have happened? She was supposed to go home that day. As I was ready to leave the apartment, I realized I didn't do my I Love You's...then I thought to myself, "Why should I?" As I reached the door something stopped me in my tracks, I turned back, went to the mirror, looked at myself for a few seconds and then I whispered ; I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU.
At this very moment I wanted to share this...because one of important lessons in this Love Challenge is to be in the moment, be present and look at yourself and say something good to yourself. The day Cathy died, we talked, she laughed at my silly jokes, and I read her text messages from friends, a letter from our friend Jerry and a prayer that my sister sent.
When it's cold outside, we wear hats and gloves,When it's hot and the sun is shining, we coat ourselves with sunblock.
So when you do the Love challenge, you coat yourself with Love.
I will always love you Cathy and I am grateful that our last hour together, I read you the daily word "Comfort", and I held your hand.
I love you, I love you, I love you.
Daphne

No comments:
Post a Comment